Adams Family Adventure

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Journey



Well, this Saturday, June 2nd we plan to head across country in a rented RV (sleeps 7) with a U-Haul trailer behind it pulling our belongings. We'll begin in Albany, NY, head down to visit friends in both Connecticut and Washington DC, then drive down to South Carolina to visit Kevin's Uncle Tom & Aunt Melinda on Calawassie Island as well as his former GE co-worker Stephanie. We'll proceed from there to visit Pastor Timmy Straight in Lousiana and follow that up with going through Houston, TX to visit my cousin Melanie and her family and maybe a visit to NASA where she overees space shuttle launches. Then begins our long hot drive through Texas until we reach southern California where we plan to get a CityPass and go to San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Universal Studios, California Adventure and....DISNEYLAND (Chandler can't wait for Disneyland)! After that we will drive up to San Francisco and then to Palo Alto where we will put our stuff from the U-Haul in Storage, look around the school, drop off the rv, rent a van and head up to Washington. Halfway through that last leg of the trip we hope to visit our friend Sabrina and her family in Oregon. So that is the adventure we have planned...we'll just see if it all works out "just so". Hmm...I am actually avoiding watching the movie "RV" with Robin Williams because I think I might change my mind about our plans if I do so!!! If you think about it, say a prayer for us! I think we'll need it with the four kids, Kevin's mom and Kevin & I! Having two babies in an RV...challenging...but not as challanging as in a van! At least there can be feedings, changings, and naps without having to stop every single time!

5 Comments:

  • Adams Family

    Blessings and safe travels as you begin your cross country adventure. I pray that God will keep each and everyone of you safe; while at the same time giving you opportunities to enjoy family, friends and fun.

    Rachel

    By Blogger Rachel Ann, at 10:00 AM  

  • I love all the new pictures. I will definitely pray for your "adventure". I think the RV for the majority of the trip is the way to go! Just remember, in the difficult moments, you are making memories!!! (Anne, that cracks me up that you are hanging on to your swimsuit!!) I can't wait to see all of you. Safe journies!

    By Blogger Potts Family 5, at 9:42 AM  

  • I can't wait to see you and your family! Do you have any idea what your timeline might be for coming through Roseburg???

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 3:08 PM  

  • Wow, what a wonderful adventure for you all! I am guessing that you are either in CA, or on your way soon. I am praying for you as you settle into your new life, may you find deep friendship, meaningful fellowship and lots of grace and peace.

    much love, Kristen Fairlight

    By Blogger The Eddy's, at 6:40 PM  

  • Are you going to update??? When are you passing through Roseburg again? I would love, even just a glimpse of you all.

    By Blogger Sabrina, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home