Adams Family Adventure

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Caroline - A Beauty Evolution



Here is Caroline at one week and Caroline at two months! When Caroline was born she was the quietest baby...I kept on thinking...is she okay??? Seriously, she didn't even cry at birth...while the ladies baby next door was screaming for dear life after it came out. I kept on expecting her breathing to be abnormal (she was born 3 weeks early by a scheduled induction) because Cole was born just a half a week earlier than her and had to be in the neo-natal intensive care unit (NICU) for 2 and 1/2 weeks. I was sure that she wouldn't even be coming home with us (I didn't even bring a infant car seat with us to the hospital) and really wrestled between delivering her early and waiting it out...but since we had lost our baby girl before at 37 weeks, we just couldn't stand the thought of losing another girl, although the probabilty was in favor of not having a repeat incident of what we experienced before in losing our baby. I didn't want to give birth to a baby who would have to have a machine pumping air into its lungs so they wouldn't collapse like we experienced with Cole, who bless his heart, fought for his dear life. I was naive to the effects that a premature birth could have on a baby, maybe my doctors just didn't want to freak me out, but this time they told me, and I felt paranoid and paralyzed in the decision making process of what to do with Caroline's birth. Kevin felt firm on delivering early and almost every pregnant woman in their last month wants the baby out and wants it out...NOW! At least that is the feeling. Fortunately for us Caroline was born absolutely perfect and healthy at over 7 pounds which makes me thinks my dates were off because of how much she weighed at 37 weeks. Thats all on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home